Monday, July 7, 2008

Alex and AJ's Visit



After a beautiful yet emotional weekend in San Diego I flew back to Costa Rica with two new visitors, Alex and AJ. Alex is one of my best friends for over 15 years, going back to those dreaded softball days where I was intimidated by her outgoing personality :). Although their visit was rather short they were able to experience Chino's famous monkey boat tour as well as Chiclets Zipline tour. Once AJ got over his fear of the monkey pooping on designer clothing, he was able to relax a little and enjoy the tour. Additionally, AJ's short short's were quite the hit among the local ladies who couldn't keep their eyes off his culo :). Alex was forced to keep him on a tight leash for fear of some hot Tica chick stealing away her Italian stallion :).

Without a doubt the highlight of Alex and AJ's visit was the fact that we all three hung the washer on the screw!!! At Lowtide Lounge—the local bar—there is a game where a washer hangs from a string and you have to swing it to try to get it to hang on a screw that is embedded into a broken surfboard on the wall. Chad got the washer on the screw the second day we were in Esterillos after about two hours, and I had been casually attempting it for weeks with no success. Alex competitively played for about 20 minutes and succeeded and then AJ after attempting for about 10 minutes before Alex got it on his fourth try right after Alex. The competitive side of me raged and I decided that I was not going to leave that bar until I hung that damn washer on the screw. After about 35 minutes of intense screw tossing, I finally succeeded. We all three got our free beers and our names written on the board! It was my happiest day in Costa Rica to date :) (sorry Nicole, maybe next time). The next time I went to Lowtide I thought I would give it another try, on my third toss I hung the washer, go figure!!! Cheers Alex and AJ for forcing me to hang that damn washer!

On Alex and AJ's last night, AJ thought it would be a good idea to pick up a large cane toad to scare Alex. Just to mess with him, I told him the toad was poisonous (I think they are if you eat them, but not if you just touch them). He threw the toad all the way down our hill and proceeded to examine his hand and arm for rashes. He came rushing into our room later that night convinced that his veins were swollen and inflamed from the toad. I just about rolled off the bed laughing at his drunk ass! It was pure comedy!!! Thanks for the entertainment AJ :)!!

We love you both and had a great time with you. Thanks for coming to visit and I will see you in one month :)!!!

No comments: